I’ve always found it really hard to make friends with females.
It usually starts really good, then something happens – it could be something as small as declining my invite for a coffee (she has a completely legit reason for the decline). In my head, it’s HUGE, I’ve put myself out there, and now my ego feels completely rejected. How dare she, my mind chatters at me! I put my wall up, higher than it was before, and it’s never the same… does that make sense?
I found (and still to an extent) it so hard to forge true, trusting, lasting friendships with females. I always found that I couldn’t truly be myself around any woman that I met.
I’ve struggled with this from a very early age, only having a handful of trusted girlfriends, all of which friendships were made from a young age – struggling to let anyone else in. Surface level friendships. Scared of allowing the deep connectedness, openness and vulnerability with another female.
I want to make clear that it’s always my issue, NEVER theirs!
I’m healing the Mother Wound, which has been past down for generations. There are many ways this shows up for me – I thought it would be helpful to list how these have shown up in my life and continue to do so and could show up in yours too.
- Comparing yourself to others, not feeling good enough.
- Dimming your light to make others love you more.
- Not being your true, authentic self in fear that you may threaten others.
- Always competing with other women.
- Overeating or under-eating.
- Addicted to being poorly treated.
- Self-sabotaging relationships because you don’t feel worthy of them.
- Overthinking and analysing every little thing.
- Taking everything personally.
I’m doing a lot of inner work on this and finally opening up, allowing myself to go into beautiful deep NEW friendships.
This is a big subject for me and I don’t feel like I’m ready to go into it full throttle. However, be aware of the signs that could be showing up for you.
We’re here to stop the generational wounding. The first step of healing is awareness. Contemplate. Heal. Move forward.
𝐑𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫; 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐫.